Chairman and Chief Executive
Dan Bane has been chairman and chief executive of specialty grocer Trader Joe’s since 2001. He has helped grow a quirky grocery chain into one of the top supermarket names in North America and the largest private company in Los Angeles County. Trader Joe’s has turned its private label into a brand with legions of fans, and now has estimated annual revenue of about $15.7 billion and more than 470 locations nationwide. Bane graduated from USC in 1969 with a bachelor’s in accounting and worked for 13 years in public accounting before going on to hold management positions with professional service, wholesale and retail firms.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Dan Bane
- DAN BANE
- Former Trader Joe's CEO John Shields Dies
- Trader Joe’s Launches Podcast About the Grocery Store Chain
- Trader Joe’s Yet to Join Rivals in Push for Delivery, Online Services
- Grocer Gets In Bed With Breakfast
- Mars Food Latest Company to Leave L.A. Orbit
- Trader Joe’s to Seek Injunction Against Unauthorized Canadian Reseller