Musk takes on Flint water crisis, the Overwatch League’s grand finals will be televised, Jam City is taking Harry Potter to Asia
Walt Disney Co. will air video game competitions for the Overwatch League playoffs on ESPN and Disney XD starting this month after signing a multi-year agreement with Blizzard Entertainment, the Business Journals reports.
Jam City Inc., a Culver City mobile game developer, launched “Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery” game in Hong Kong and Taiwan, Socaltech reports. The game is already popular in the United States, but will appear in localized traditional Chinese on the Google Play and iOS app store. The game was developed in conjunction with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., and Portkey Games, a Warner-owned studio dedicated exclusively to producing Harry Potter games.
Billionaire and serial entrepreneur Elon Musk, fresh off his unsuccessful attempt to rescue a lost soccer team in Thailand with a tiny submarine, now has a new plan to fix Flint, Mich.’s contaminated water. The local water supply in Flint hasn’t been drinkable since 2014, and Musk responded to a critic on Twitter saying he will “fund fixing the water in any house in Flint that has contamination above [acceptable] levels.” ArsTechnica reports the state of Michigan has already started supplying water filters to residents, but Musk evidently believes his involvement with Tesla and SpaceX can accelerate the cleanup.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 13: Musk's Vegas People Mover Project Approved
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 26: Dray Alliance Hauls in $3.5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming
- Blizzard’s Overwatch League Adds Two New Teams
- ESPN to Broadcast eSports Competitions
- Immortals Gaming Club Sells Overwatch League Team
- Silicon Beach Report May 13: XPrize Creates Wildlife Detection Award
- Silicon Beach Report May 23: Boring Co. Contracted for Las Vegas Tunnel