Citymapper adds Bird scooters, Snapchat opens commerce to creators, Harper Wilde raises $2 million
Shortly after announcing it would share advertising revenues with users who earn them, Venice’s Snap Inc. also revealed a new in-app commerce feature June 29. The feature runs on Shopify Inc. software and allows users to save their credit card information in the app in order to make purchases without leaving it. Similar to the commerce feature launched earlier in June as a partnership with SeatGeek, this platform will allow Snapchat creators and influencers to also sell wares. The first individual to advertise the beta program was Kylie Jenner, who posted her makeup collection to the app with an option to swipe and purchase, Digiday reports.
Harper Wilde, a Culver City-headquartered online startup selling affordable bras to women, has just received $2 million in a seed funding round, Socaltech reports. The company, founded by Jenna Kerner and Jane Fisher, allows women to order an assortment of bras online, find those that fit, and return the others for a refund. Charles River Ventures led the funding round.
Bird Rides Inc., the Santa Monica-based electric scooter company, continued its upward momentum after a $300 million funding round by striking a deal to be featured on Citymapper, the British company used worldwide to find urban transportation routes. The Citymapper app will highlight Bird scooter locations on the map beginning in San Francisco, as part of the app’s push to include more floating (or dockless) transportation options, VentureBeat reports.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 15: Snapchat Plans Gaming Platform
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 18: Elon Musk’s Lunar Pick
- Wag Founders Raise $37 Million for Mobility Venture
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: March Capital Partners Raises $12 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Feb 22: Kylie Jenner’s Tweet Cuts $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 14: Electric Scooter Sharing Startup Bird Raises $15 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 26: Snap Hires from Amazon, Huffington Post