Tetra Tech acquires Australian engineering firm Norman Disney; Redbox says Disney engaging in copyright misuse to protect coming streaming service; and SpaceX’s next customer offers support after mysterious Zuma failure.
Pasadena-based consulting engineering services firm Tetra Tech Inc. announced on Jan. 17 that it has signed an agreement to acquire Australia’s Norman Disney & Young, an infrastructure engineering design firm that focuses on environmentally friendly buildings, for an undisclosed amount, the Business Journal reports. Norman Disney of Sydney employees more than 700 people across 13 offices in Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Canada.
Walt Disney Co. is seeking an injunction to prevent Redbox from disassembling "combo packs" and selling movie download codes separately, the Hollywood Reporter reports. On Tuesday, Redbox suggested in court that Disney is engaged in copyright misuse and seeks "to stifle competition to more smoothly launch Disney’s own digital content streaming service, maximize the price other services such as iTunes and Amazon (and their customers) pay for Disney movies, and secure a greater market share for Hulu.”
SpaceX has support for its next commercial launch from customer SES, who said it was “confident” the company would be ready for the late January mission, SpaceNews reports. In a tweet Jan. 17, SES said it reviewed data from the Jan. 7 Falcon 9 launch of Zuma, which failed to reach orbit for unknown and classified reasons, and concluded that the vehicle had performed as expected
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tetra Tech Acquires Australian Engineering Firm Norman Disney
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: FX Plus Shut Down by Disney
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 9: Walt Disney to Acquire Stake in MLB Streaming Platform for $1B
- Acquisition Binge Reshapes Tetra Tech
- Silicon Beach Report April 25: Wavemaker Invests in Savonix
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 17: Hollywood Producer Plans to Fund Next Blockbuster with Cryptocurrency
- Silicon Beach Report March 29: MGM’s Epix Coming to Amazon