Snapchat’s big redesign rated negatively by 83 percent of reviews; Pentagon refuses to answer questions about failed $1 billion Zuma satellite launch; and The IMDb Show launched.
Jamming its Stories feature in between private messages sparked a backlash among the first users of Snapchat’s sweeping redesign, reports TechCrunch. In the few countries – including the U.K., Australia and Canada – where the redesign is widely available, 83 percent of App Store reviews for the update are negative with one or two stars, according to data provided by mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower.
The Defense Department’s top spokesperson Dana White refused to comment on the apparent failure of a secret military space mission code named Zuma, which launched on a Falcon 9 rocket, and told journalists to direct questions to SpaceX, SpaceNews reports. SpaceX refuses to comment on the mission, except to state that its rocket performed as expected.
IMDb has announced the launch of its first weekly web series, “The IMDb Show,” which will be available on IMDb.com, the site’s mobile app and all social media channels, The Wrap reports. The series will feature movie and television news through the perspective of IMDb’s data and research, as well as interviews with celebrities and industry analysts about hot topics in Hollywood and which upcoming releases they are most interested in seeing.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 15: Snapchat to Acquire Search Engine App Vurb for $100M
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 30: Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- Silicon Beach Report May 11: SpaceX Launches Block 5 on Second Try
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Spotify Hit with $1.6 Billion Lawsuit from L.A. Music Publisher
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 10: NASA Study Says SpaceX Saves Agency Money