A joint venture between civil construction firm Tutor Perini Corp. in Sylmar and Washington, D.C.-based Parsons Transportation Group Inc. has won a $1.4 billion contract for a major redevelopment project at Newark Liberty International Airport in Newark, N.J.
The contract, approved by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, is the largest in New Jersey state history for a transportation infrastructure design-build project. It includes the construction of Terminal One – a 1 million-square-foot, 33-gate common use domestic terminal – as well as a new roadway network connecting the terminal to existing ones and a parking garage with toll plaza facilities, according to airport documents.
Work on the project is expected to commence in April, with completion anticipated by 2022.
Shares of Tutor Perini fell 50 cents, or about 2 percent, on Friday to close at $22.55 on the New York Stock Exchange.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jacobs Team Beats Tutor, Parsons for Rail Project Segment
- Tutor Perini Lands $800M Rail Contract With C.S. McCrossan
- Tutor Perini Lands $1.4B Rail Contract
- Tutor Perini Lands $1.4B Contract for Purple Line Extension
- Tutor Perini Finalizes Contract for High-Speed Rail Project
- Tutor Perini Tapped for $800M Rail Contract
- Tutor Perini Moves to Profit
- Contractor Will Ride Rail With $1.4 Billion Deal