Electric scooter sharing startup Bird raises $15 million; Snap to provide analytics to top Snapchat creators; and SpaceX hits two milestones in plan for low-latency satellite broadband.
Electric scooter sharing startup Bird announced on Feb. 14 that it raised a $15 million Series A round, the Business Journal reports. The round was led by Craft Ventures, a new fund launched by David Sacks and Bill Lee.
Tens of thousands creators who make official Snapchat Stories or have large followings will start seeing a slew of view count and demographic analytics on their profile, TechCrunch reports. The new analytics could help creators show their total reach to secure sponsored content and product placement deals, refine their posts to match their audience, and compare their following to that on other platforms.
SpaceX is about to launch two demonstration satellites, and it is on track to get the Federal Communications Commission's permission to offer satellite Internet service in the U.S., Ars Technica reports. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai proposed approving SpaceX's application to provide broadband services using satellite technologies in the United States and on a global basis," a commission announcement said. "If adopted, it would be the first approval given to an American-based company to provide broadband services using a new generation of low-Earth orbit satellite technologies," Pai said.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 3: Creators Capitalize on Snap Commerce
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 15: Snap Subpoenaed
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 18: Elon Musk’s Lunar Pick
- Electric Scooter Sharing Startup Bird Raises $15 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 21: SpaceX Readies for Dual Payload Launch
- Silicon Beach Report March 15: Snapchat Plans Gaming Platform
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 2: Snap Inc. Files for $3 Billion IPO; Discloses 158 Million Daily Active Users