Two airlines have announced new nonstop international service from Los Angeles International Airport starting this month. American Airlines Inc. announced that, on Dec. 19, it will launch nonstop service between LAX and Buenos Aires, Argentina. On Dec. 31, Hainan Airlines Holding Co. Ltd., operator of Hainan Airlines, the fourth largest air carrier in China, will launch nonstop service between LAX and Xi’an, the capital city of Shaanxi province in north-central China. On Dec. 20, financially troubled Icelandic discount airline Wow Air announced it will end its nonstop service from LAX to Reykjavik, Iceland, effective Jan. 19. Wow Air reported $35 million in operating losses for the first nine months of 2018.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Two Airlines Announce New Nonstop International Service from LAX
- Wow Air Announces End to Nonstop Service from LAX to Iceland
- Daily Flight Service from LAX to Hong Kong Launching in December
- Xiamen Airlines to Bring New China Route to LAX
- Iceland-based Airline Wow Air Begins LAX Flights
- Air China to Add Third Daily L.A.-Beijing Flight
- Hong Kong Flights Wing Way to LAX
- Another Chinese Airline Lands at LAX