Upfront Ventures leads $14 million MetaCX round; Axiomatic invests in Matcherino; Hyperloop Transportation Technologies links with German port authority.
Seattle, Wash.-headquartered Matcherino Inc., which builds software to help e-sports organizations manage tournaments, closed a $2.7 million investment round Dec. 5 featuring funds from a new investor, Mid-Wilshire-based Team Liquid owner Axiomatic Gaming. Axiomatic’s director of strategy Leo Hsu said in a statement reported by Geekwire that “Axiomatic’s e-sports investment strategy targets dynamic companies across the e-sports ecosystem with potential to enrich player experience or deepen audience engagement, (and) Matcherino’s unique platform ticks both boxes.” Matcherino’s total funding to date is now $6.3 million.
Indianapolis-based e-commerce software developer MetaCX completed a $14 million funding round Dec. 5, led by Santa Monica-based Upfront Ventures. The Business Journal reports as part of the round, Upfront partner and leader of the deal Kobie Fuller will join MetaCX’s board of directors. MetaCX was launched by startup investor and incubator High Alpha Studios, also headquartered in Indianapolis.
Rapid-transit hyperloop developer Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, based in Playa Vista, announced today it entered into a joint venture with German port terminal operator Hamburger Hafen und Logistik Aktiengesellschaft. The joint venture, Socaltech reports, aims to bring hyperloop technology to the Port of Hamburg and explore its potential applications for other ports and logistics firms worldwide. Financial details of the joint venture remain undisclosed.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report October 29: Hyperloop Plans Abu Dhabi Track
- Upfront Ventures Leads $14M MetaCX Funding Round
- Michael Jordan, Declaration Capital Invest in Axiomatic
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 16: SpaceX Moving Some Operations to Texas
- Silicon Beach Report May 16: Quarterback Gets $2.5 Million to Boost E-Sports Efforts
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 23: Branson Out at Virgin Hyperloop One
- Hyperloop Technologies Raises $80 Million, Runs First Test in Las Vegas
- Silicon Beach Report June 20: Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Partners With South Korea