Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. announced a deal Aug. 10 to have priority in distributing films produced by self-described faith-based filmmakers Andrew Erwin, John Erwin, and Kevin Downes.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed beyond it being a multi-year agreement, and a message left with Lions Gate was not returned.
The biggest U.S. motion picture distributor outside of the big six studios, Santa Monica-based Lions Gate said in the release that it is starting a distribution banner, Kingdom, to focus on religious releases.
Erwin, Erwin & Downes teamed up for the Lions Gate-released “I Can Only Imagine,” a movie title borrowed from a song by Christian rock brand MercyMe.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or email@example.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Lions Gate To Distribute Disney Shows
- Lions Gate Looks for More Than A Hit
- Lions Gate Signs Deal With OddLot
- Lions Gate Posts Quarterly Loss
- Business Briefs: Lions Gate, Jakks Pacific, Sony Pictures Digital
- Lions Gate’s Codeblack Goes Global
- Lions Gate Cuts Jobs, Production Co. Deal
- Update: Image Entertainment Calls Lions Gate Offer 'Low'