In what might be a sign of e-sports commercial viability, Los Angeles e-sports team Immortals announced April 17 that they will partner with Mountain Dew, and collaborate with Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
The partnership makes PepsiCo Inc.-owned Mountain Dew the “official beverage” of Immortals, a three-year-old team that participates in League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Super Smash Bros. among other electronic gaming competitions.
Lions Gate is already an Immortals shareholder, but, according to the announcement, they will now collaborate on content, “Including a pilot for an unscripted e-sports series offering fans a behind the scenes look at Immortals and its players.”
Peter Levin, the chairman of Immortals is also Lions Gate’s president of interactive ventures. Santa Monica-headquartered Lions Gate is not the only major stakeholder in Immortals. Los Angeles-based venue and event giant AEG is also a shareholder in the company.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323) 556-8332 or email@example.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Meg Whitman Invests in Immortals; Joins Board
- TV, Film Studio Scores Stake in E-Sports Squad
- Immortals Raises $30M, Buys Brazilian Company
- L.A. Live Eyes E-Sports Events
- Lions Gate Invests in Faith-Based Films
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Acquires Scoot
- Immortals Buys Infinite Esports & Entertainment
- Lions Gate scraps plan for Times Square entertainment center