Poll shows Facebook least-trusted tech company; Hulu partners with NHL; Amazon bringing Whole Foods grocery delivery to Los Angeles.
As CEO Mark Zuckerberg is testifying before Congress regarding how it handles users’ information, Recode reports Americans say they trust Facebook with their data less than any other tech company. According to their poll, 56 percent of Americans said they trusted Facebook least with their personal information out of all major tech companies, according to a joint SurveyMonkey/Recode poll. Respondents were asked to choose among Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Netflix, Tesla, Twitter, Snap and Uber. Twenty percent selected none of the above.
A day before the start of the NHL’s Stanley Cup Playoffs, Santa Monica-based Hulu announced a deal with the hockey league to be an official sponsor for the playoffs and final, Variety reports. Hulu debuted its live-TV service in May 2017 and has found that live sports to be a significant driver of subscription signups. The company hopes the NHL deal will build the Hulu brand in the minds of sports fans and let them know that they can find TV sports on the $40-per-month service.
Amazon will begin offering free two-hour delivery of Whole Foods products to members of its Prime subscription service in Southern California, the L.A.Times reports. The service comes nearly a year after Amazon bought Whole Foods for $13.7 billion. Amazon customers will have to order Whole Foods groceries through the Prime Now app or the website between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. daily. Orders must be at least $35 or more for free two-hour delivery. One-hour delivery is available for an additional $7.99 fee. The service will be available to Prime members "across greater Los Angeles and Orange County — along the coast from Santa Monica to San Clemente, Pasadena to the North and Yorba Linda to the East," Amazon said.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 11: Hulu and Spotify Announce Bundle Subscription
- Silicon Beach Report May 3: Hulu Hits 20 Million Subscribers
- Silicon Beach Report April 6: Netflix Makes Offer to Buy L.A. Billboard Company
- Silicon Beach Report May 11: SpaceX Launches Block 5 on Second Try
- Silicon Beach Report April 23: Netflix to Raise another $1.5 Billion for Original Content
- Trader Joe’s Yet to Join Rivals in Push for Delivery, Online Services
- Silicon Beach Report March 22: The Boring Company Named Finalist for Chicago Tunnel System
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Internet Trends Report Highlights Code Conference