Tinder top grossing app, Overwatch League struggles to keep up with North American LCS and Apple eyes Culver Studio space for production.
Tinder has hit No. 1 in the Apple App Store’s top grossing category for the first time, reports TechCrunch. Tinder claiming top spot in the App Store likely has to do with the global launch of Tinder Gold, which lets users see who has liked them without swiping at all, among other paid features.
The approaches of North American League of Legends Championship Series and the Overwatch League couldn't be more different, reports ESPN. NA LCS has more than 100 applicants lined up hoping for an invitation, while the Overwatch League has gone from an intriguing opportunity to a hard pass for most.
Apple is considering setting up shop and leasing the Culver Studios as it expands its Apple Video operation, reports The Financial Times. The search for office space comes after Apple recruited former Sony TV executives Jamie Erlicht and Zack Van Amburg to rev up its original content division.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Publisher Game For E-Sports Arena
- Activision Blizzard to Open Burbank E-Sports Arena
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 16: Tinder Acquires Snapchat-Like App Wheel
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 13: Virtual Reality Developer Survios Raises $50 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Activision Blizzard Inc. Launches Pro League for Overwatch
- Game On
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 21: Faraday Future’s Main Backer Receives $1B to Pursue Electric Cars