Fandango to acquire MovieTickets.com, Wavemaker partners raises $66 million for second Southeast Asia fund, and ESPN picks up Barstool Sports talk show based on podcast ‘Pardon My Take.’
Online movie ticket seller Fandango announced on Friday that it had reached an agreement to acquire MovieTickets.com of Boca Raton, Fla. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, the Business Journal reports. The deal will further expand the West L.A. company’s e-commerce presence in the United States and Latin America, especially in Argentina and Mexico, as well as establish a ticketing presence for the first time in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Santa Monica and Singapore-based Wavemaker Partners, an early-stage venture firm, has closed its second Southeast Asia-focused fund at $66 million, beating its $50 million target, PE Hub Network reports. The fund’s investors include IFC, a member of the World Bank Group.
ESPN is bringing the threesome behind Barstool Sports’ popular “Pardon My Take” podcast to late-night TV, Variety reports. The Disney-owned sports programmer cut the deal with Barstool Sports, the digital media firm majority-owned by the Chernin Group, to create “Barstool Van Talk.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Making Waves
- Fandango Takes Blockbusters to Bank
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 15: $54 Million for Cloud9, New E-sports Arena Planned
- Venture Capitalist to Set Sail for Overseas Startups
- Chernin Group-Backed Goldin Auctions Partners With Barstool Sports
- Fandango to Acquire MovieTickets.com
- Fandango Taking on Moviefone In Battle of Online Ticket Sellers
- Deal & Dealmakers: E-sports Remain Hot