After a successful early career in marketing and law, Laura McHolm, in the mid-1990s, moved away from the Fortune 500 to fulfill her entrepreneurial spirit and partnered with Ram Katalan to launch NorthStar Moving Company. This year, her fastest growing privately held company has expanded into franchising and continues to be the go-to-mover for The Getty, A-List celebrities, and others. Her company has redefined the moving industry as the first to offer “eco-luxury” moving services, elevating basic moving and storage procedures to a new unparalleled level of customer service, customized care and environmental consciousness, moving over 9,500 families a year and employs over 200 people. Plus, she and her company contribute time, services, and financial support to over a dozen charitable and socially conscious organizations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Entrepreneur of the Year
- Most Influential Family Owned Businesses 2019: NORTHSTAR MOVING COMPANY
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: NorthStar Moving Company
- Mover Thinks Outside The Boxes
- Guitar Vendor's Petty Deal
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: LILY YAN HUGHES
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: AMY R. FORBES
- CFO Awards: Private Company CFO of the Year (Large Company)