Wireless charging startup uBeam Inc. is raising a $20 million Series B round from Upfront Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund and Mark Cuban, among others, according to a presentation to prospective investors by Meredith Perry, the company’s chief executive, the Business Journal reports. The $20 million round is not complete, but would finance the Santa Monica startup’s operations for two years at the firm’s current cash burn rate.
Disney Pixar is launching Coco VR, the company’s first virtual reality experience and a promotion for the upcoming animated film “Coco,” reports VentureBeat. The virtual reality app launched on Wednesday as an exclusive on the Oculus Rift, and takes viewers behind the scenes of the movie, with unreleased footage, concept art and storyboards from the film.
Sprint struck a deal with Hulu to offer subscribers with the wireless carrier’s Unlimited Freedom plan access to Hulu’s limited-commercials video-on-demand package — normally $7.99 per month — for no additional cost, starting Nov. 17, Variety reports. Under the offer, Sprint Unlimited customers will be able to access thousands of TV series and movies on Hulu.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Nov. 28: Falcon Heavy Launch Date Slips into Next Year
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 15: Fika Ventures Raises $40 Million Seed Fund
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 22: Jaunt Launches VR app for PlayStation
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 23: STX Entertainment Acquires Virtual Reality Company Surreal
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 3: Snap Acquires Metamarkets
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 27: Snapchat Launches Augmented Reality Product Placement