Walt Disney Co. has held discussions in recent weeks to acquire most of the assets of 21st Century Fox, according to a CNBC report.
The talks have reportedly taken place in recent weeks, though the two sides are not currently talking. The talks, according to the report, result from a belief among senior management at Fox that the company must focus on sports and news coverage in order to compete in an entertainment marketplace with consumers increasingly consuming media digitally.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney Outbids Comcast With New $71.3B Offer for Fox
- Hulu Will Not Be Sold
- Report: Disney's Iger May Stay On
- Disney Completes $71 Billion Fox Acquisition
- Disney Disappoints Despite Revenue Gains
- Disney Beats Q2 Earnings Estimates
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Disney to Gain Control of Hulu after 21st Century Fox Asset Acquisition
- Reports: Disney Looking to Buy More of Hulu