A study by App Annie estimates that 46 percent of Snapchat users don’t use Instagram, Pluto TV signs TV and movie deal with Lions Gate, MGM, and Warner Bros, and Hulu launches live TV programming.
A study by App Annie estimated 46 percent of Snapchat’s daily users can’t be found on Instagram, reports Bloomberg. That lifts Snap Inc.’s pitch to advertisers that Snapchat has a base of young, obsessed users who can’t be reached easily anywhere else.
Pluto TV is bringing thousands of movies and TV shows to its free, ad-supported internet television service under pacts with Lions Gate, MGM, and Warner Bros, reports Variety. Pluto TV will slot the newly licensed movies and TV shows across several of its 100-plus themed channels, including the Crime Network, Horror 24/7, Funny AF, and Action Movies.
Hulu launched its live TV service on Wednesday for $39.95 a month, reports Recode. For the base package subscribers will get several dozen channels, which can be watched on a phone or connected TV devices like Xbox and Apple TV.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 13: Instagram Stories Users Rise to 200 Million Per Day
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 1: Snapchat Launches Speech Recognition
- Picture Appears Cloudy for Popular Video-Streaming Web Site
- Hollywood Studios Bring Films to Web
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Acquires Scoot
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 1: Snapchat Ramping Up Hiring Ahead of IPO
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Oct. 9
- Pluto TV Finds Profitable Path