Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is surveying Mars for future landing sites, reports SpaceNews. The company is working in partnership with NASA to find sites on the Red Planet that could support human life with resources such as melted ice for drinking or sun rays for powering solar panels.
Snap Inc., the parent company of Snapchat, received its first buy rating from equity research firm Monness Crespi Hardt, reports CNBC. Wall Street research firms have thus far been reluctant to encourage investors to buy more of Snap’s stock with six firms suggesting investors sell the stock and three telling investors to hold onto the stock.
Mini-amusement park Two Bit Circus unveiled a virtual reality and motion simulator experience that makes users feel as if they were on the side of a skyscraper in a window-washing platform, reports Venture Beat. The experience uses a motion platform that shakes underfoot and an Oculus Rift virtual reality headset.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 10: Snap Inc. Reports Slow User Growth, Shares Drop More Than 25 Percent
- Silicon Beach Report March 31: Snapchat Launches Stories Search
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report July 19: Pasadena Avatar-Generating Startup Oben Inc. Raises $5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 19: Two Bit Circus Raises $15M to Launch Amusement Park
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 23: SpaceX Won’t Try to Land Its Next Rocket
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 12: Mitú Launches Snapchat Discover Channel