Kite Pharma has named Owen N. Witte, M.D., to its board of directors, SoCalTech reports. The founding director of the Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research at UCLA has been the chairman of the company’s Scientific Advisory Board for the past eight years.
Embark Ventures is raising a $50 million venture capital fund, SoCalTech reports. The L.A.-based venture capital fund focuses on preseed and seed-stage investments in internet and software companies. Led by Yipeng Zhao and Peter Lee, Embark has already raised $45 million for the fund from six limited partners.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 17: MTech Capital Announces $75 Million Fund
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures’ New Funding Round
- Kite Pharma Gains New Backer
- Silicon Beach Afternoon Roundup June 16: Appetize to Furnish New Minnesota Vikings Stadium
- Drug Firm Eyes Healthy Future
- Investors Get Early Jump on Cancer Treatment
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 15: $54 Million for Cloud9, New E-sports Arena Planned
- Kite Pharma Raises $15 Million in Initial Round