Shares of Snap Inc. fell 12 percent on its third day on the stock market, TechCrunch reports. Snap closed at $23.77 on Monday, below its opening day price of $24 on Thursday, but still above the $17 IPO price.
Roboticists at Disney Research are investigating how to improve human-robot interactions by studying how speech patterns affect engagement with an anthropomorphic robot that imitates children’s speech, TechCrunch reports. For the study, a child was paired with a robot that would choose its vocal response from a pool of different sound files depending on how the child interacted with the robot.
Björk is bringing her VR exhibition based on her 2015 album “Vulnicura” to Los Angeles in May, Engadget reports. The tour coincides with a live performance at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on May 30 and is part of the Reykjavík Festival. The VR experience, Björk Digital, will also be at the Magic Box at the Reef in downtown from May 19 to June 4.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 3: Snap Acquires Metamarkets
- Silicon Beach Report March 31: Snapchat Launches Stories Search
- Silicon Beach Report June 7: Snap Eyes Ticket Sales with New Feature
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 29: Children’s Hospital LA Expands VR Training
- Silicon Beach Report June 19: Snap Signs $100 Million Deal With Time Warner
- Silicon Beach Report August 3: Science Inc. Launches $100 Million Blockchain Fund
- Silicon Beach Report July 11: Snap Inc. Shares Tumble After Underwriter Downgrades Stock
- Silicon Beach Report June 6: Snap Inc. Acquires Placed for a Reported $200 Million