Ahead of its forthcoming initial public offering, Snap Inc. has unlocked its automated advertising bidding program to all marketers, Recode reports. The automated advertising program was launched in beta in October and initially restricted to 100 select brands.
Walt Disney Co.’s once wildly popular social network for children, Club Penguin, will be shut down and relaunched as a new mobile game, Club Penguin Island, on March 29, reports Hollywood Reporter. Disney acquired Club Penguin in 2007 for $350 million.
Radish Media, a short-form serialized fiction app startup, raised $3 million in seed funding from investors, including UTA, Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments and author Amy Tan, reports Variety. Radish lets writers offer several chapters of a story for free to readers and then charge a small fee to continue reading the story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 25: Hyperloop One Raising $250M
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera
- Razer Acquires Assets of Game Platform Ouya
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Mobile Game Publisher GameMine Raises $20 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Studios Invest in Hong Kong Game Developer
- Silicon Beach Report March 24: SpaceX Plans to Relaunch Used Falcon 9 Rocket Next Week
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 20: Walt Disney Merges Maker with Competing Department