Despite being trumpeted as the next big thing in advertising, about 30 percent of brand accounts on Snapchat are dormant, reports DigiDay. Brands post to social networks Facebook and Instagram much more often, according to research firm L2.
Virtualitics has raised $3 million from a group of angel investors to pursue visualizing data in virtual reality and augmented reality, according to a press release. The company’s technology displays simultaneous rendering of up to 10 dimensions, revealing multidimensional relationships present in the data, which may not be discoverable in any other way.
Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is running a hyperloop contest this weekend in Hawthorne for students, reports the Daily Breeze. A white three-quarter-mile enclosed tube has been built along a Hawthorne street, near SpaceX’s headquarters, and will be the focus of the competition in which the teams will test pod vehicles propelled inside a vacuum chamber.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SpaceX to Build Hyperloop Test Track in Hawthorne
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 28: Snap Putting More Than Half of Office Space in Venice Up for Lease
- Silicon Beach Report April 17: Telecom Firm Wilcon Acquired for $600 Million by Crown Castle Corp.
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: Analyst Says Facebook Monopoly Crushing Competitors Such as Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 28: SpaceX Hyperloop Competition Winner Goes 201 MPH
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: SpaceX to Launch Ninth Resupply Mission
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 31: SpaceX Pod Reaches 220 Miles Per Hour in Hyperloop
- Silicon Beach Report March 21: Hootsuite Acquires Snapchat Analytics Tool from Naritiv