Brogan BamBrogan starts second hyperloop company, Greycroft raises $250 million fund, Wiredrive merges with MediaSilo, and more.
Brogan BamBrogan is starting his second hyperloop company, named Arrivo, just months after leaving and settling a lawsuit against the company he founded, Hyperloop One, reports the Business Journal. He is co-founding this new hyperloop startup along with five former executives and engineers from Hyperloop One, as well as an engineer from SpaceX and another from AECOM.
Venture capital firm Greycroft Partners has raised a $250 million fund to focus on follow-on round, reports TechCrunch. This is in addition to a $200 million early-stage fund that it raised in 2015.
MediaSilo of Boston, a video collaboration software developer and Del Rey-based Wiredrive, a media-sharing and collaboration tool for creative professionals, have merged, according to a press release. The newly combined company also has raised $7 million in funding from Schooner Capital.
Shopify Chief Executive Tobias Lütke posted an open letter in response to a barrage of complaints received by himself and other Shopify employees about their decision to host the online store of Breitbart, a right-wing blog, reports TechCrunch. Lütke’s claimed that any attempt to apply a moral lens to what stores operate on Shopify would threaten to censor free expression.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 11: Hyperloop One Settles Employee Lawsuit
- Brogan BamBrogan Starts Second Hyperloop Company
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Hyperloop One, Its Chairman Sued by Co-Founder
- Hyperloop One Hits Back at Former Execs In Latest Court Filing
- UPDATE: Hyperloop One Sued By Co-Founder Over Assault, Financial Mismanagement Allegations
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 14: Fox Exec to Launch Harassment Reporting App
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: SpaceX to Launch Ninth Resupply Mission