Westside Rentals Sells to CoStar’s Apartments.com, Flipagram Acquired by Chinese Company, L.A. Region Leads Nation in Business Startups, and more.
Westside Rentals was acquired by CoStar Group Inc., a real estate data service in Washington D.C. that operates Apartments.com., reports the Business Journal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Flipagram, which developed a slide-show app, was sold to Chinese news aggregator Toutiao, reports Recode. The company raised a $70 million round in 2015, but its investors were just looking to break even, according to a source.
The Los Angeles-Orange County region leads the nation in business startups, according to a report released Wednesday from the Economic Innovation Group, reports the Business Journal. Between 2010 and 2014, the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim metropolitan area generated an annual average of 21,870 business startups, by far the largest number of any metropolitan region in the nation.
Tastemade, a food and travel entertainment producer, has opened a production studio in the United Kingdom, reports DigiDay. About a 60 percent of the company’s video views come from outside United States, and it has offices in Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires and Tokyo.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Westside Rentals Sells to CoStar Group
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 15: Faraday Future's Troubles Mount Ahead of CES Unveiling
- Listings for Tenants Move to New Owner
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 31: Flipagram Is Shopping Itself Around to Potential Buyers
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 11: Hyperloop One Settles Employee Lawsuit
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Feb. 12
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 29: Pay Gap Widens Between Women and Men in Los Angeles Tech Industry
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 11: Another Snapchat Filter Causes Uproar