HappyReturns raises $8 million, Elon Musk accidentally posts phone number to Twitter; and Faraday Future’s Jia Yueting to become CEO and finds new financing.
Happy Returns, which provides physical locations for online shoppers to return and refund unwanted purchases, has raised $8 million, TechCrunch reports. The Santa Monica, Calif.-based company, raised its new money from U.S. Venture Partners along with previous investors Upfront Ventures and TrunkClub founder Brian Spaly.
Elon Musk accidentally publicly tweeted his cell phone number to Oculus Chief Technology Officer John Carmack on Tuesday, CNBC reports. The phone’s voicemail message was recorded by “God of War” creator David Jaffe and it says: “By the Gods you’ve done it. Somehow you’ve found your way here to me. I offer you my congratulations and my respect.”
Faraday Future secured a major new investment and, Jia Yueting, a company co-founder and its main financial backer, told employees in a meeting last week that he is taking over as chief executive of the beleaguered electric car company, The Verge reports. It has been reported that Yueting lined up at least $1 billion in exchange for shares of the company, though it’s unclear who’s buying.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 29: Faraday Future Boss Jia Yueting No Longer Owns the Company
- Faraday Future Founder Defies Beijing Order to Return Home
- Silicon Beach Report May 25: Faraday Future Said to Plan $1 Billion Fundraising Effort
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Snapchat Has Lead in Augmented Reality
- Silicon Beach Report July 10: Asian Goods E-Tailer Yamibuy Raises $10 Million
- Aecom Halts Construction on Faraday Future’s Las Vegas Factory
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Spotify Hit with $1.6 Billion Lawsuit from L.A. Music Publisher
- Silicon Beach Report April 27: Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Machine Revealed