CrossCut Ventures raises $125 million, Prevoty secures $13 million in Series B round led by Trident Capital Cybersecurity and would Disney, with control of Hulu and Fox Studios, have formula for a Netflix killer?
CrossCut Ventures, a Santa Monica-based seed investment firm, has just closed its fourth and largest fund with $125 million raised, TechCrunch reports. Since its founding in 2008, the seed fund has invested in 70 companies, 66 percent of which were based in Los Angeles.
Cybersecurity firm Prevoty announced that it has secured $13 million in financing led by the venture capital firm Trident Capital Cybersecurity, according to a press release. The company develops autonomous application protection technology which enables applications to self-defend from attacks in real-time.
Disney may be about to swing a $60 billion deal for key pieces of 21st Century Fox that could give it serious firepower to take on Netflix, the No. 1 player in the subscription-streaming biz, Variety reports. With Fox’s assets, Disney would own a controlling interest in Hulu, and would also acquire significant complementary Fox film franchises like “X-Men” (combining that part of the Marvel Universe under Disney).
echnology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Internet Trends Report Highlights Code Conference
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 15: UBeam Raising $20M Series B Round
- Silicon Beach Report June 13: Sure Raises $23 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 24: Wheels Raises $37 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 28: Greycroft Leads Beam Funding Round
- Silicon Beach Report April 16: Hulu Buys Back 10% Stake from AT&T for $1.43B
- Disney’s Fox Buy Nets Streaming Outlet