West L.A. restaurant data software startup Bridg has raised $11 million in a Series B funding round, it said last week.
Investors include Foster City-based Visa Inc., Santa Monica’s March Capital Partners, Morpheus Ventures of Sherman Oaks and Menlo Park’s NextEquity Partners.
Bridg was founded in 2012 by Chief Executive Amit Jain, a former Google adviser and co-founder of coupon website Savings.com. He has said the company was inspired by the effectiveness with which online retailers such as Seattle’s Amazon.com can predict what customers will order next and suggest items for purchase.
Bridg raised an undisclosed Series A round in 2015 with funding from Santa Monica’s Mucker Capital and others, which followed a seed round for an undisclosed amount in 2013, according to Crunchbase.
Bridg said in 2015 that it had raised around $10 million.
Jain’s company gathers data from restaurants’ point-of-sale software, customer email lists and loyalty programs to help drive sales. According to Bridg’s website, clients have included Vancouver, Wash.-based Papa Murphy’s International, Denver sandwich chain Quiznos and Denver’s Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.
– Caroline Anderson
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Restaurant Data Software Firm Bridg Raises $11 Million
- Pontifax AgTech Leads $9.5 Million Round in Biostimulant Producer Inocucor Corp.
- Meal Kit Service Chef’d Raises $25 Million from Smithfield Foods Inc.
- More Restaurants Develop Appetite for Dine L.A.
- Data Feast
- Cava Group Inc. Expands Mediterranean Restaurants, Food Wholesaling, in Los Angeles
- BUCK JORDAN
- Butterfly Equity Acquires Denver Restaurant Chain Modern Market