SpaceX reveals space suit, Snapchat to again produce original scripted shows and Jukin Media to expand studio for original content production.
Elon Musk unveiled the SpaceX space suit on Instagram on Wednesday, reports CNBC. The suit features a helmet and what appears to be a low-weight design. It is probably more of a flight suit meant to be worn by passengers traveling inside a spaceship rather than for spacewalks.
Snapchat wants to have its own original scripted shows by the end of this year, reports The Verge. In its second attempt to create original content, the firm says it wants to complement, rather than compete with, linear television.
Jukin Media, best known for licensing YouTube videos, plans to produce original shows in a new 14,000-square-foot studio in Culver City, reports Variety. The company plans to use the studio to branch out in new verticals including documentary, travel, lifestyle and competitions.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 27: SpaceX’s Elon Musk Reveals Mars Mission Plans
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 23: SpaceX Won’t Try to Land Its Next Rocket
- App Sends Mixed Message on Original Content
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 11: Snapchat Courting Hollywood Producers
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Digital Domain Partners with World Surf League for 360-Degree Content
- Silicon Beach Report July 19: Pasadena Avatar-Generating Startup Oben Inc. Raises $5 Million