Walt Disney Co. has awarded Los Angeles Music Center resident company Center Theatre Group a $100,000 grant to bring the Disney Musicals in Schools program to the Los Angeles area.
The program, an outreach initiative developed by Disney Theatrical Productions, was developed to create sustainable theater programs in under-resourced elementary schools.
The Center Theatre grant, announced Tuesday, will fund two years of programming for five local elementary schools in 2017-2018, and another five for 2018-2019. The theatre group will select the schools that participate.
Contact media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman for the latest in L.A. business news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Annenberg Foundation Awards $3 Million to Music Center for Arts Education
- Music Center Announces $3 Million in New Contributions
- Disney Celebrates “Black Panther” With $1 Million Youth STEM Gift
- Auto Brand Genesis Gives $500,000 to J. Paul Getty Museum
- Colburn School Receives $1 Million Bequest from Iona Benson
- L.A. County Approves $40 Million Music Center Plaza Renovation
- George Lucas Donates $10 Million to USC Film School for Diversity Effort
- Randy Freer to Depart as Hulu CEO