Rachel S. Moore
Chief Executive, Music Center
Rachel S. Moore is president and chief executive of the Music Center. She leads the $65 million company that manages the Music Center campus and operates and programs Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles. Moore joined the Music Center from American Ballet Theatre, where she served as chief executive since 2011 and executive director since 2004. Moore danced with ABT as a member of its corps de ballet from 1984-88. She is a trustee of the Economic Club of New York. Moore is on the board of the LA 2024 Olympic Games Bid Committee.
Enjoy most: Working with people from different, often distinctive backgrounds to move the performing arts field forward.
Proudest moment: The day I received my first contract as a professional ballet dancer.
Best advice: Listen to people from every level of your company or organization.
Fun fact: My first language is Punjabi.
Alma Mater: Bachelor’s, Brown University; Master’s, Columbia University.
Beverage: Diet Dr. Pepper.
Favorite destination: London.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Rachel S. Moore
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: CEO of the Year
- Ballerina of the Boardroom Making Plans
- RACHEL MOORE
- Thursday Rundown: Music Center Names New CEO; H&M Opens in Long Beach; Ex-BP Exec Joins Teledyne Board
- Ex-Ballerina Steps Up In CEO Position
- Music Center Names Miscikowski to Lead Board, Extends Moore as CEO
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Chief Leaves Post for New York