Chairman and Chief Executive, Oakmont Corp.
Robert Day is chairman and chief executive of downtown hedge fund Oakmont Corp., which has about $1.4 billion in assets under management. Day started his career with the investment banking firm White Weld and Co. in New York. In 1971 he founded Trust Co. of the West and served as chairman and chief executive. In September 2007, Day pledged $200 million, the largest recorded gift to a liberal arts institution, to Claremont McKenna to create the Robert Day Scholars Program. He also serves as chairman of the Robert M. Keck Foundation, one of the nation’s largest philanthropic organizations, with assets of more than $1.2 billion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- New York Firm Ups Herbalife Stake
- IndyMac Bought by Consortium
- Brookfield to Buy Majority $4.7B Stake in Downtown-Based Oaktree Capital Management
- Oaktree Capital Forms New Blank Check Company, Aims to Raise $175M
- Robert Mercer Sells Stake in Breitbart News to His Daughters
- Thomas Barrack Jr.
- West L.A. Firm Buys Into Financial Sector Rebound
- Colony Capital to Invest Up to $500 Million in Oil Field in Central CA