Phillip A. Washington
Chief Executive, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Phillip A. Washington oversees an agency that transports 1.4 million passengers on an average weekday, riding on a fleet of 2,000 clean-air buses and six rail lines. He was unanimously elected as chief executive of Metro in 2015. Washington came to Los Angeles from Denver’s Regional Transportation District, where he was named chief executive in 2009. Originally from Chicago, Washington is a 24-year active duty veteran of the Army, where he held the rank of command sergeant major, the highest noncommissioned rank an enlisted person can achieve.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Phillip A. Washington
- Diversity & Inclusion - Innovative Mentoring Panel: Phillip A. Washington
- Who's Brokering Los Angeles (June 25): Completion of New Metrolink Antelope Valley Line Station Brings Flexibility to Local Workforce
- Metro Names Stephanie Wiggins as Next CEO
- Metro CEO Washington to Step Down in May
- Dodgers Express Is a Swing and a Miss
- New Electric Buses at LAX