Yang Ho Cho
Chairman and Chief Executive, Hanjin Group
Hanjin Group is a global South Korean transportation conglomerate of more than 48 companies specializing in the aviation, maritime, and ground transportation industries. It includes Korean Air and Hanjin Transportation as well as educational institutions and nonprofit foundations. Its former subsidiary, Hanjin Shipping, went bankrupt in February. Yang Ho Cho began his career at Korean Air in 1974 as a manager in the Americas regional headquarters and worked his way up the company’s executive ladder. He serves as co-chairman of the Korea-U.S. Business Council and vice chairman of the Federation of Korean Industries. Korean Air is the developer of the Wilshire Grand project downtown, the tallest building in the West.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Yang Ho Cho
- S. Korean Tycoon Has High Hopes for Downtown Hotel Project
- Ports Awash in Bankrupt Shipping Line’s Cargo
- Hanjin’s Troubles at Home Making Waves in L.A.
- Retailers’ Concerns Mount as Hanjin Bankruptcy Delays Trade
- Wilshire Grand Transformation Moving S-l-o-w-l-y
- Page 3: Maguire, Flanigan, Cho & Soon-Shiong
- Lancaster and La Mirada Named County's Most Business-Friendly Cities