Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive, Panda Restaurant Group
Peggy Cherng has been a driving force in the success of Panda Restaurant Group since joining the organization in 1982. Leveraging her engineering background, Cherng developed the systems that support Panda’s growth and help associates deliver consistent dining experiences to guests. Her holistic vision for people development led to the creation of the University of Panda, a core component of the company’s people-development strategy. Cherng is deeply committed to giving back to the communities in which Panda restaurants operate through Panda Cares, a philanthropic effort that has donated millions of dollars to nonprofit organizations, schools, and children’s hospitals since its founding in 1999.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: BUSINESS OWNER/CEO OF THE YEAR - DR. PEGGY CHERNG
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Andrew & Peggy Cherng - #22
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Andrew & Peggy Cherng
- 50 Wealthiest: Andrew & Peggy Cherng #23
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: 25. Andrew & Peggy Cherng
- LA 500: Andrew Cherng
- Food from the Heart
- THE YIN AND YANG OF PANDA EXPRESS