Chief Executive, Scope Industries
Philanthropist and businessman Meyer Luskin is chief executive of Scope Industries, a sustainable business that recycles food waste products into animal feed. An alumnus of UCLA, he and his wife Renee, a fellow alumna, established the UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation, which develops ongoing programs for improving urban life like smart water systems, electric vehicle plans, and solar power options. The couple donated $100 million to the campus in 2011. Luskin has been in involved with numerous charities and foundations across the city, including the Board of Directors at Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital, for which he was chairman.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Meyer and Renee Luskin Give $1 Million to Orthopaedic Institute for Children
- Maverick Chief Elicits Faith With Folksy Style
- Parent Company Looking to Add Addiction Centers
- Not Afraid To Be Corny
- Vic Edelbrock Waves Goodbye To Public Listing, Offers Buyout
- City’s Take on Sustainability May Buoy Businesses
- LA 500: Ron Burkle
- Ron Burkle