Mayor, City of Long Beach
Robert Garcia is an educator and the 28th mayor of Long Beach. He has taken a leadership role in economic development, education, and investing in technology. Garcia has been a member of the public policy and communications faculty at USC, and taught at both California State University, Long Beach and Long Beach City College. Garcia co-founded the Long Beach Post, a news website, in 2007. He was elected to the Long Beach City Council in 2009. Garcia was born in Peru and immigrated to the United States at age 5 with his family. He was the first person in his family to graduate from college.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stephen M. Garcia
- Garcia Beats Dunn in Long Beach Mayor Race
- Long Beach Post Publisher Dies After Car Crash
- Long Beach Airport Slated for $59M Improvements
- New Members Join Port of Long Beach Harbor Commission
- Long Beach Chamber Endorses Garcia
- Eric Garcetti
- Executive Education (March 12): Helping Working Professionals Access Higher Education With Ease