SpaceX gains substantial cost savings from reused Falcon 9, TaskUs moves headquarters to Santa Monica Airport, and Enthusiast Network launches Motor Trend streaming video in UK and Europe.
SpaceX President Glenn Shotwell said at a conference that the company saw significant cost savings by reusing a Falcon 9 first stage in a launch last week, reports SpaceNews. The company expects to see even greater cost savings on future launches of reused Falcon 9 vehicles by reducing the amount of refurbishment work it does on the recovered stages.
Outsourcing company TaskUs relocated its headquarters to a 6,200-square-foot space previously home to the restaurant Typhoon, according to a press release. TaskUs headquarters currently houses 55 employees, a number it expects to grow to at least 70 employees by the end of the year.
Media company Enthusiast Network is expanding the distribution of Motor Trend OnDemand, its automotive content streaming service in the UK and European markets. The service offers thousands of hours of automotive content, including motorsports and original programming.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SpaceX Moves Ahead of Competition After Rocket Landing
- SpaceX Nails World’s First Launch, Landing of Reused Rocket
- Silicon Beach Report May 9: Ring Launches Neighbors App
- Silicon Beach Report June 15: Canary Health Merges With Medtronic to Fight Diabetes
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 15: SpaceX Launches Dragon on Used Falcon 9
- SpaceX Attempts Earth Landing of Rocket
- SpaceX Successfully Lands Rocket on Boat
- Silicon Beach Report March 30: Fandango Relocates Staff to L.A. Office