Snapchat changes its name and unveils sunglasses with camera, Disney in talks to buy Twitter, SpaceX test fires Mars rocket and more.
Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera
Snapchat of Venice has changed its name to Snap Inc. and unveiled Spectacles, a pair of sunglasses that records short video clips, reports Wall Street Journal. The sunglasses record up to 10 seconds of video with a 115-degree-angle lens.
Disney in Talks to Buy Twitter
Walt Disney Co. is talking with an adviser about a potential bid for Twitter, reports Bloomberg. Twitter could provide Disney, which owns ABC and ESPN, a new online outlet for entertainment, sports, and news. Jack Dorsey, chief executive of Twitter, is also on the board of Disney.
SpaceX Test Fires Mars Rocket
Space Exploration Technology Corp. test fired its Raptor rocket engine, which will be used to launch the company’s interplanetary spaceship, reports Space.com. The Interplanetary Transport System could launch humans to Mars as early as 2024 if all goes well, Musk has said.
Gamblit Gaming Launches Jetpack Joyride
Gamblit Gaming has signed a deal to turn Halfbrick Studios’ mobile game Jetpack Joyride into a game with gambling to be played on casino floors, reports Venture Beat. Jetpack Joyride has been downloaded more than 350 million times and has 14 million monthly active users.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 29: SpaceX Working on Giant All-Purpose Rocket to Travel Around Earth, to Moon and Mars
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 9: Walt Disney to Acquire Stake in MLB Streaming Platform for $1B
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 23: SpaceX Rocket Explosion Investigation Makes Some Progress
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Mobile Game Publisher GameMine Raises $20 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 3: 5 Challenges for Snap Inc. in Its First Year as a Publicly Traded Company
- Silicon Beach Report March 9: Global Crossing Founder Winnick Takes Majority Stake in Streaming Service Qello