OSI Systems completes $269 million acquisition of American Science and Engineering, Lionsgate and Univision team up for Spanish-language streaming service, artificial intelligence startup Oben raises $10 million, and more.
OSI Systems Completes $269 Million Acquisition of American Science and Engineering
X-ray system manufacturer OSI Systems on Monday completed its acquisition of American Science and Engineering Inc. for $37 a share, a cash deal worth $269 million, reports L.A. Business Journal. The deal deepens OSI Systems reach in the x-ray systems industry, especially for the security and military applications.
Cornerstone OnDemand Signs L.A. Rams Partnership
Cornerstone OnDemand has signed a multi-year agreement, making the company the official employee management partner of the Los Angeles Rams, according to a press release. The Rams will use Cornerstone’s software to help recruit, train, and manage their staff as they grow their organization.
Lionsgate and Univision Team Up For Spanish-Language Streaming Service
Movie and television studio Lionsgate Entertainment Corp. and media company Univision Communications Inc. announced they will debut a premium Spanish-language subscription video on demand service in the United States early next year, reports the L.A. Business Journal. The service will include Spanish-language box office hits from Lionsgate’s 16,000-title library dubbed into Spanish and movies from Pantelion Films.
Artificial Intelligence Startup Oben Raises $10 Million
Artificial intelligence startup Oben of Pasadena has raised a $10 million round, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company is based out of Idealab and claims its voice synthesis technology enables any Internet of Things device or virtual character to speak or sing in any voice, in any language, in a matter of minutes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Patrick Soon-Shiong Innovation Awards 2017: WINNER - OBEN
- OSI Systems Completes $269 Million Acquisition of American Science and Engineering
- Lionsgate and Univision Team Up For Spanish-Language Streaming Service
- OSI Systems Inc. to Buy American Science & Engineering for $269M
- Silicon Beach Roundup June 21: Hyperloop One Explores System in Moscow
- Security Systems Maker Locks Up Industry Peer with $269 Million Deal
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 10: Overwatch League-Twitch Deal Worth at Least $90 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 18: Rubicon Project Buys nToggle for $38.5 Million