Snapchat projected to generate nearly $1 billion next year, Fullscreen’s chief marketing officer exits, Snapchat hints at move into augmented reality, and more.
Snapchat Hints at Move into Augmented Reality
Snapchat has hinted of its ambitions to move from apps into hardware by joining the industry group that runs the Bluetooth wireless standard, which is essential for a maker that wants to use the standard in its hardware, reports the Financial Times. The company was rumored to be building an augmented reality headset after it acquired Vergence Labs, a startup that was developing augmented reality glasses, for a reported $15 million in 2014.
Rubicon to Power Flipboard Programmatic Ads
The Rubicon Project has signed a deal to provide programmatic advertising to news aggregation app Flipboard, reports Adweek. The app will offer ads through a private marketplace facilitated by Rubicon starting next month and brands will also be able to utilize targeting capabilities to reach users based on their reading interests and demographics.
Snapchat Projected to Generate Nearly $1 Billion Next Year
Snapchat is projected to generate nearly $1 billion in advertising revenue next year, according to a report by eMarketer, reports the L.A. Business Journal. This year, the Venice-based company is projected to generate $367 million in ad revenues.
Fullscreen’s Chief Marketing Officer Exits
Digital media company Fullscreen has parted ways with its former Chief Marketing Officer Jason Klarman and promoted Alan Beard, co-founder of Fullscreen-owned creative studio McBeard, to the position, reports the Hollywood Reporter. Part of Beard's job will be to promote the recently launched Fullscreen steaming platform, which offers original series and licensed shows and movies for $4.99 a month.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Rubicon Project and Clear Channel Launch Programmatic Billboard Network
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 3: Snap Acquires Metamarkets
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Rubicon Sued by Publishing Customer The Guardian
- L.A. Tech’s Top Stories of 2014
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017
- Silicon Beach Reporter Oct. 6: Snapchat Reportedly Preparing for $25B IPO
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Snapchat Has Lead in Augmented Reality
- Snapchat Grabs Ex-Fullscreen Exec as 2014 Losses Are Exposed