Facebook tried to buy Snapchat-copy Snow, Demand Media to change its name to Leaf Group, and Fisker Inc. unveils new car design.
Facebook Tried to Buy Snow, Another Snapchat Copy
Facebook tried to buy South Korea’s Snow, a Snapchat-like app, and was rebuffed, according to a source reported by TechCrunch. Snow has around 80 million downloads, and it is adding around 10 million more each month, said the source.
Demand Media to Change Its Name to Leaf Group
Demand Media announced on Friday that it will change its name to Leaf Group, effective Nov. 9, reports the L.A. Business Journal. The firm was bitten badly by its reputation as a content farm, an industry term for a publisher that cares more about editorial scale than quality with the goal of luring in web surfers and advertisers.
Fisker Inc. Unveils New Car Design
Upstart electric car maker Fisker Inc. unveiled the design of its first electric car, reports Electrik. The car is dubbed the Emotion and will have a range of more than 400 miles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 4: Fisker Relaunches His Electric Car Brand
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 18: NBC's Daily Snapchat Show Reaches 29 Million Views in First Month
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera
- Silicon Beach Report April 18: Snap Launches Additional Augmented Reality Features for Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 27: Facebook Copies Another Snapchat Feature
- Silicon Beach Report June 26: Sean Parker Leaves Spotify Board
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Rubicon Sued by Publishing Customer The Guardian