Hyperloop One raising $250 million, mobile game-streaming startup Mobcrush raises $20 million, and Snap Inc. sued for trademark infringement.
Hyperloop One Raising $250M
Hyperloop One is in the process of raising up to $250 million in additional financing, reports Forbes. Additionally, Hyperloop One’s internal budget estimates reveal project costs could greatly exceed Elon Musk’s predictions.
Mobile Game-Streaming Startup Mobcrush Raises $20M
Mobcruch, which developed a streaming platform for mobile games, has raised a $20 million Series B round, reports Variety. The company says its platform has about 1 million active users that view games such as “Minecraft,” “Vainglory,” “Clash Royale,” and “Pokemon Go.”
Snap Inc. Sued for Trademark Infringement
Snap Inc., formerly known as Snapchat, has been sued for changing its name, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The plaintiff, software company Snap Interactive, has asked a New York federal judge to prevent Snapchat from officially changing its name, alleging the resulting confusion would irreparably harm its brand.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mobcrush Lands $11 Million, Months After Seed Round
- Seed Round Streams into Mobcrush
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 19: Two Bit Circus Raises $15M to Launch Amusement Park
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: Analyst Says Facebook Monopoly Crushing Competitors Such as Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report April 17: Telecom Firm Wilcon Acquired for $600 Million by Crown Castle Corp.
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Mobile Game Publisher GameMine Raises $20 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 31: Snap Inc. Opens Up its Automated Bidding Platform
- Silicon Beach Report April 21: Snap Inc. Acquires GeoFilter Patent from Mobi for $7.7 Million