Snapchat shuts down Story Explorer feature, SpaceX to carry private rover to moon, and tronc Inc. Director Michael Ferro stocks up on additional shares.
Snapchat Shuts Down Story Explorer Feature
Snapchat has removed Story Explorer, which allowed users to view videos of featured events from the perspective of other users, reports MarketingLand. The featured allowed users, for example, to see how a game-winning field goal looked for someone sitting behind the end zone.
SpaceX to Carry Private Rover to Moon
An effort by Audi to build and place an electric vehicle on the moon will likely use a SpaceX rocket, reports Electrek. The rover is equipped with a four-wheeled electrical drivetrain, solar panels, rechargeable batteries, and high-definition cameras. It is venturing to the moon as part of the Google Lunar XPRIZE.
Tronc Inc. Director Michael Ferro Stocks Up on Additional Shares
Tronc Inc. Director and Chairman Michael Ferro has purchased an additional 42,126 shares of stock in the company, according to a Nov. 28 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, reports the L.A. Business Journal. The purchase comes less than a week after Patrick Soon-Shiong, the wealthiest person in Los Angeles and the second largest shareholder in tronc, purchased an additional 1.83 million shares on Nov. 23 at prices of $12.90 and $12.94. He also spent more than $826,000 to acquire nearly 65,000 shares in purchases on Nov. 16, 17, and 18 at prices of $12.85 and $12.75 each.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Soon-Shiong and Ferro Stock Up on Additional Tronc Shares
- More Tronc Shares Purchased by Soon-Shiong, Ferro
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Soon-Shiong Ups tronc Stake, Within 1% of Ferro
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 18: Elon Musk’s Lunar Pick
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Lunar Mission on Horizon for SpaceX
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Netfix Says It’s Not a Video Service Provider
- Gannett Deal to Buy tronc May Be Imminent