Snapchat ramping up hiring ahead of IPO, Woven Digital names new chief executive, and Hulu to add live TV streaming service.
Snapchat Ramping Up Hiring Ahead of IPO
Snapchat is hiring dozens of new employees prior to its rumored upcoming initial public offering, reports DigiDay. A Snap spokesperson said the company has over 100 people based in New York, largely in partnerships, sales, and creative strategy.
Woven Digital Names New CEO
Woven digital, a men’s lifestyle media company, has named Benjamin Blank as its new chief executive, according to a press release. Blank previously served as Woven’s chief creative officer, overseeing the company’s creative strategy across its portfolio of media properties.
Hulu to Add Live TV Streaming Service
Hulu has announced plans to add live television streaming from 21st Century Fox’s news, entertainment, and sports programming, and Disney’s portfolio of networks including ABC and ESPN, reports TechCrunch. Hulu has also reportedly signed agreements with Time Warner for live and on-demand streaming programming from of its networks, including TNT, TBS, CNN, Cartoon Network, and Turner Classic Movies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Report April 13: Instagram Stories Users Rise to 200 Million Per Day
- Silicon Beach Report May 3: Study Estimates 46 Percent of Snapchat Users Don’t Use Instagram
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 7: Snapchat Eyeing IPO
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 8: Hulu Ends Free Viewing
- Silicon Beach Reporter Oct. 6: Snapchat Reportedly Preparing for $25B IPO
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 28: SpaceX Hyperloop Competition Winner Goes 201 MPH
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 29: Faraday Future CEO Ding Lei Steps Down