More Tribune Publishing investors are speaking out after the company rejected a buyout bid from Gannett and instead accepted an equivalent offer from Los Angeles billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong, The Los Angeles Times reports. Its third-largest shareholder, Oaktree Capital Management and St. Louis investment firm Towle & Co criticized the transaction as a “disturbing development” and have raise the prospect of litigation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ICYMI: Oaktree Pressures Tribune Publishing
- Tribune Shareholders to Meet
- Deepest Pockets In Paper’s Fold
- Soon-Shiong Takes Stake in L.A. Times Owner
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit
- More News for Investor
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- What is Soon-Shiong’s Next Step in Fight For Tronc?