City of Industry battery recycler Quemetco was told to cut arsenic emissions after officials discovered the plant posed an increased cancer risk to 12,000 nearby residents, the Los Angeles Times reports. The cut was mandated by more stringent state guidelines in the wake of a report that breathing air pollutants is three times more dangerous than originally thought.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Quality District Sues Exide
- Deal Reached on Vernon Battery Plant
- Regulators Move to Shut Down Exide Plant
- Exide Plant Will Close
- AEG Drops Plans for DTLA Hotel
- Arsenic Emissions From Exide Pose Chronic Hazard
- State Orders Shutdown of Vernon Battery Recycling Plant
- L.A. Council Concerned About Vernon Battery Recycler