Net Worth: $3.96 billion, up 5 percent
LAST YEAR: $3.77 billion
RESIDENCE: Bel Air
SOURCE OF WEALTH: Media, real estate
THE MONEY: Influential Republican political donor heads Chartwell Partners and Jerry Perenchio Living Trust. Former Univision chairman and chief executive made fortune after company’s $13.7 billion sale to Haim Saban in 2007.
THE BUZZ: Continued his support for GOP candidates this year, spending $4.7 million during 2016 election cycle, with most of that going to Carly Fiorina’s failed presidential campaign. Also held $8,000-a-plate fundraiser at Beverly Hills home for Fiorina. Longtime board member of Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and close friend of Nancy Reagan, served as pallbearer at former first lady’s funeral in March. Fresno native, who led Univision until its sale to Saban, was once boxing promoter and talent agent to stars including Jane Fonda and Marlon Brando. Donated $25 million to Los Angeles County Museum of Art in April. Still, keeps a low profile. “Stay out of the spotlight,” he is known for saying. “It fades your suit.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 15. A. JERROLD PERENCHIO
- Investor Pioneered Hispanic Television
- Billionaire Philanthropist and Former Univision CEO Jerrold Perenchio Dies at 86
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: A. Jerrold Perenchio #9
- 50 Wealthiest: A. Jerrold Perenchio #12
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Jerrold Perenchio
- Wealthiest Angelenos: A. Jerrold Perenchio - #11
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 13, Haim Saban