Walt Disney Co.’s “Captain America: Civil War,” the 13th film from its Marvel comic book franchise, displaced Disney’s “The Jungle Book” as the top-grossing movie this weekend, posting $182 million at the domestic box office, the Associated Press reports. The film looks to be on track to hit $1 billion in global receipts.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Studios Ratchet Up Heat With Big Summer Slates
- Fish Sequel ‘Dory’ Had Right Hook for Summer
- ‘Captain America’ BO Continues to Soar
- Disney slate looking picture perfect as studio nears record box office.
- Moviegoers Flock To “The Angry Birds Movie”
- Disney Placed Hype on Hold
- 'Jungle Book' Tops Box Office
- ‘Jurassic’ Makes Box Office Record