a) It will allow the papers to maintain their unique voices in their communities.
b) Cost cutting will decimate the newsrooms, so coverage is bound to suffer.
c) It won’t matter – I get all my news from the Internet.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Behind Times on Newspapers
- More Bad News to Report At Struggling Local Paper
- Paper’s Publisher Says He Has News for Long Beach
- Making Headlines
- L.A. Newspaper Group Debuts Entertainment Section
- CONSOLIDATING---Coverage Changes Bring Cutbacks to Times' Operations
- Daily News Experiments With Reader-Written Journalism